Already a Napster Member?
Tel: +44 20 3695 5318
New to Napster?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Napster?
Napster lets you play as much music as you want instantly and anywhere. Browse our huge music library of over 30 million tracks covering every possible genre. Our team of music obsessionals make it easy to find your way around so much music, with loads of great features such as expertly programmed radio stations, playlists and recommendations.
What different membership plans does Napster offer?
Choose from Napster Unlimited or Napster Unlimited plus Mobile. You get a free 30-day trial with either plan to help you decide.
Napster Unlimited offers unlimited ad-free streaming from our catalogue of over 30 million tracks. Plus you get full access to all Napster’s music features such as radio stations and playlists, programmed by our team of music experts.
You can listen to Napster Unlimited from any computer with an internet connection. All for just £5 per month.
What can Napster do on my iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and Android device?
The Napster app gives you the full Napster experience on your mobile device, even with no internet connection.
- Over 30 million tracks to play online via 3G or Wi-Fi
- Let Napster’s music team choose for you with recommendations, playlists and radio stations
- Offline mode so you can play music when you have no connection
- Easy to share music with friends
- Automatic sync of playlists on PC and mobile – make a change on one and watch it instantly update on the other
Learn more about the Napster app
How do I download the Napster app for my iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and Android device?
It’s easy - you can download like any other app from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace on your computer or mobile. Just search for Napster and follow the instructions to download the app. Sign in with your details and you’re ready to play unlimited music, wherever you are.
What can I do in offline mode?
Offline mode lets you save music on your phone and computer so you can play when you don’t have internet connection. You can save as many tracks and albums as you have storage for. With offline mode you can play your Napster music wherever you are in the world. Note this feature is only available to Napster Unlimited plus Mobile users.
How can I share music with friends?
There’s nothing better than sharing a favourite playlist or amazing new artist with friends. Napster makes it easy to share your music and check out what others are enjoying.
Hook up your account with Facebook, follow what your friends are listening to and share your picks with them. You can also connect with fellow Napster users and share the love with them.
What are the system requirements to use Napster?
You can play Napster on any web browser from your Mac or PC. The Napster Software can be installed on a Mac (OS 10.7 or higher) or any PC with Windows 7, XP or Vista.
- Flash 10.0.45.2 or above; Flash blocking must be disabled
- Minimum recommended browser versions: Internet Explorer 8.0 , Firefox 10.0, Chrome 17.0, or Safari 5.0
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 3; Windows Server® 2003; Windows Server® 2008; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.7 or higher
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Device sync requirements (PC only):
- Minimum required OS versions: Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows Vista with Service Pack2, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3
- Devices must support Windows Media DRM for Portable Devices
What is the quality of the Napster music I play?
Tracks streamed on your computer play at 128 Kbps MP3. Tracks downloaded using the software play at 192 Kbps MP3. Occasionally these tracks are not available in high quality and will play at 64 kbps.
All tracks streamed and downloaded on your mobile app will almost completely play at 320 kpbs, though you can set them to play at 192 kbps or 64 kpbs to reduce your data usage. Again some tracks for download are not available in high quality and will play at 192 kbps or on rare occasions in 64 kbps.
Do I need a credit card to use Napster?
You will need a credit or debit card, to use Napster Unlimited and Unlimited plus Mobile.
What happens if I cancel my membership or free trial?
If you cancel your Napster trial or membership, you can still access Napster and play 30 second clips of any track. Your library and playlists will still be there for you and you’ll be able to play them in full-length if you decide to join Napster again at a later date.
How do I cancel my membership or free trial?
To cancel a paid membership
If there is something that has prevented you from enjoying your Napster experience, we'd love to help. Check our support page for answers to any questions you may have. You can find our customer support contact details there as well. Please contact us and we will cancel your account immediately.
Your library and playlists will still be there for you if you decide to rejoin Napster.
To cancel a free trial
If you want to cancel your free trial then go to My Account > Account Summary and click on "Cancel Trial".
How do I contact Napster?
Check our support page for answers to most questions you may have. You can find our customer support contact details there as well if you need to speak directly with us.